Background: The largest female surfing event in the world and the ONLY WSL QS 6000 Women’s Surf Contest in the U.S.
Date: July 24 – 26, 2015
Location: Oceanside Pier in Oceanside, CA
Schedule: The event will run daily from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Visit www.supergirlpro.com for a detailed schedule of each day’s activities
Tickets: The event is free to attend and no ticket is required
Pros: One Hundred Eight (108) of the world’s top female pros will compete in the largest field of any female surfing event in the world. Some of the world-class pros expected to compete include:
Alana Blanchard, Malia Manuel, Lakey Peterson, Coco Ho, Sage Erickson, Laura Enever, Courtney Conlogue, Dimity Stoyle, Pauline Ado, Anastasia Ashley, Nikki Van Dijk, Alessa Quizon, Johanne Defay, Tatiana Weston-Webb, Silvana Lima and many more
Festival: Includes a Festival Village with live bands, a beer garden, food trucks, comedy, surf films, fashion, fitness classes, hip-hop dance, speed art, yoga, autographs from the pros, give-aways, free hair styling by Paul Mitchell, celebrities, games, skateboarding competitions, seminars, more than 50 vendor booths, and many other activities
Live Music: See Oceanside’s own Cody Lovaas perform live on Saturday, July 25 at 5p; Kari Kimmel will perform live on Sunday, July 26; and Bonnie McKee will perform live on Sunday, July 26 at 4p.
Skateboard: A pro half-pipe competition with the top female pros will run on Sunday, July 26 from 11a – 2p
Surf Films: There will be a film tent showing 8 female surf films throughout the event
Celebrities: There will be celebrity surf competition on Sunday, July 26 at 2p featuring Hollywood celebrities and top musicians. Check www.supergirlpro.com for a listing of celebrities
Website: For more information, visit www.supergirlpro.com
Autographs: There will autograph signings and numerous chances for surf fans to meet their favorite pros throughout the weekend. Check www.supergirlpro.com for the times to meet your favorite pros.
Directions: The event is located immediately adjacent to the Oceanside Pier at the end of Mission Ave. Driving from either North or South of Oceanside, take I-5 and exit Mission Ave (exit 53). Take Mission Ave west for 1.3 miles until you reach North Pacific Street. There are several City- controlled parking lots at the corner of Mission Ave and North Pacific Street that attendees should park in and then walk down to the beach (which is 1 block west).
Parking: There is plenty of free and paid parking in seven city-controlled lots on Mission Ave within two blocks of the event site (on Mission Ave between Cleveland Street and North Pacific Street).
Day 1: Friday, July 24, 8:00a – 5:00p
* 8:00am – 10:00am Round 1 (Round of 108) * 10:00am – 5:00pm Festival Village Open * 10:00am – 2:00pm Round 2 (Round of 96) * 11:00am – 5:00pm Beer Garden Open
* 2:00pm – 5:00pm Round 3 (Round of 72) * 2:00pm – 2:30pm Pro Surfer Autograph Signing
Day 2: Saturday, July 25, 8:00a – 6:00 PM
* 8:00am – 9:00am Round 3 (Round of 72 continued) * 9:00am – 2:00pm Round 4 (Round of 48) * 9:00am – 6:00pm Festival Village Open * 11:00am – 6:00pm Beer Garden Open
* 1:45p – 2:15p Pro Surfer Autograph Signing * 2:00pm – 5:20pm Round 5 (Round of 24) * 4:00pm – 4:30pm Pro Surfer Autograph Signing * 5:00pm – 6:00pm Live Concert with Cody Lovaas
Day 3: Sunday, July 26, 8:15a – 5:00p
* 8:15am – 11:35am Round 6 (Round of 16) * 9:00am – 5:00pm Festival Village Open * 11:00am – 5:00pm Beer Garden Open * 11:35am – 1:15pm Quarterfinals
* 12:45pm – 1:15pm Pro Surfer Autograph Signing * 1:15pm – 2:05pm Semi-finals * 1:45pm – 2:30pm Live Concert with Kari Kimmel * 2:05pm – 2:35pm Celebrity Surf Competition * 2:35pm – 3:05pm Supergirl Pro Finals * 3:15pm – 3:45pm Awards Ceremony * 4:00pm – 5:00pm Live Concert with Bonnie McKee
Live Webcast: The event will have a live webcast on several sites on July 25 from 8a – 5:30p PST and on July 26 from 8a – 3:30p PST. Check www.supergirlpro.com for live webcast locations
Television: The event will be broadcast nationally on FOX Sports and throughout San Diego on FOX Sports San Diego
Sanction: The event is part of the WSL World Tour and will be the only 6-Star Women’s event in the United States
History: This is the 9th year of the Supergirl Pro
Cause Partner: The event supports several eco-awareness and women’s organizations including the Surfrider Foundation and Boarding 4 Breast Cancer
MANAGEMENT: The event is managed by ASA Entertainment Group (www.asaentertainment.com). Contact email@example.com for information