From Newport Point to the Wedge, Malibu to Sandspit, the “Storm of the Century” made for a great story, landing newspaper headlines across the nation. Watch all the best footage from “Big Wednesday” with incredible views from aerial drones all along the California coastline.
Featuring surfers: Jamie O’Brien, Keith Malloy, Oliver Kurtz, Rob Machado, Joel Tudor, Laird Hamilton, Allen Sarlo, Kolohe Andino, Danny Kwok, Gabe Venturelli and many more.
Produced by: Joshua Pomer, Adam Guy, Noah Alani, Gus McConnell, Tony Madugno
Cinematography by: Joshua Pomer, Adam Guy, Noah Alani, Gus McConnel, Tony Madugno, Travis Kuhlman
Joshua Pomer films presents A Wedge To Remember movie tour, featuring a heart thumping documentary told by the photographers, wave forecasters and legends who experienced the mega swell. Featuring the biggest Wedge on record, the hugest Newport Point ever filmed with Jaime Obrien scoring 15 ft tube rides, epic Malibu with Laird Hamilton shooting the pier, and magical Sandspit churning out the wave of a lifetime.
The story is told from the point-of-view of the photographers who covered the magic swell, with an amazing audio and visual record of “Big Wednesday”. Each surfing spot had it’s own story.
– NEWPORT, The Lido – Nov 1, 2014 (7:30 pm, 9:00 pm) BUY TICKETS
Q&A following the film with director Joshua Pomer
– ENCINITAS, SAN DIEGO, La Paloma Theater – Nov 5, 2014 (7:30 pm) BUY TICKETS
– SAN DIEGO, Veterans Museum & & Memorial Center – Nov 6, 2014 (7:30 pm) BUY TICKETS
– SANTA BARBARA, Veterans Building – Nov 7, 2014 (7:30 pm) BUY TICKETS
– SANTA CRUZ, Rio Theater – Nov 13, 2014 (8:00 pm) BUY TICKETS
– SAN LUIS OBISPO, SLO Veterans Hall – Nov 15, 2014 (8:00 pm) BUY TICKETS
– HERMOSA BEACH, Community Theater – Nov 20, 2014 (7:15 pm, 9:00 pm) BUY TICKETS
– VENICE BEACH, Deus Ex Machina – Nov 24, 2014 (6:00 pm) FREE OUTDOOR PREMIERE